Since the summer season approaches, you might be thinking about adding more listings to your Poshmark closet. Have you gotten around to spring cleaning yet? Luckily, I have a few tips for creating attractive photos for your Poshmark listings.
- Use a high-resolution camera. This could be a recent iPhone model or preferably, a DSLR. Avoid blurry, grainy images with a low-quality camera!
- Model the clothes. If you don’t have these already, an interested buyer might as for them anyway. You, a friend, or a mannequin can do this.
- Capture colors and sizes. Essentially, your listings should reflect what the patterns, colors, and sizes the clothes are. Avoid using filters, because this might change the color of the clothes.
- Iron your clothes. Before they’re even photographed, your clothes should look pristine. Obviously, they should be clean and free of imperfections by all means, but you should also iron them.
- Cover different angles of your item. For instance, if you’re selling shoes (like me), be sure to snap a photo of what the bottom of the soles look like. In this example from my closet, you’ll see how I mention slight imperfections listed in the description. The photo, of the bottoms, reveal this.
What tips work for you? Have you tried any of the above methods?
Tweet @decorcione with your feedback!